Perfectly situated between the Navy Yard and Center City, Newbold Exchange represents one of South Philadelphia’s most progressive adaptive reuse conversions. Reshaped from the site of a once a legendary theater, LPMG brings another much needed neighborhood amenity to the 19145.
Opened as the Becker Theatre in 1919 with a seating capacity of 499, the building was later renamed the Bloomberg Theatre. Another remodel increased the seating to 700 and it became the Venice Theatre, a motion picture house, until 1952. Around 1954 the space was converted into a catering hall and in 1975 it was acquired by Venice Plaza Inc. and operated as a banquet hall for the next thirty plus years.